Customizing Start Screen on Siemens SX66
Dr Ken Brown-Gratchev
2005-10-15 20:46:54 UTC
I have a Cingular issued, Siemens SX66 Pocket PC Phone, using Windows
Mobile 2003. I KNOW exactly what I want displayed on my Start Screen,
but I cannot seem to easily effect this. Back when I had a Smartphone,
I used a third-party utility (Ruttensoft with a few Oxios plug-ins) to
easily and successfully customize the Start Screen, to display what I
wanted in my way. I cannot seem to locate such a third-party utility
for use on my current device however. Any suggestions, tips, etc. ?
Thanks in advance!

Dr. Ken Brown-Gratchev
Brown-Gratchev & Associates Counseling
Website: http://home.comcast.net/~solutioncounselor/
Phones: Voice 503-866-0758 / Fax 503-246-9316
DONATIONS to KEN BROWN-GRATCHEV LIVER TRANSPLANT FUND
can be made/sent to:
Clackamas Federal Credit Union
Account # 541770004-05
10400 S.E. Main St., Milwaukie, OR, 97222
"Let us savor the most fleeting delights of our most beautiful day." -
Alphonse De Lamartine
"We are not troubled by things, but by the OPINIONS which we have of
things." - Epictetus
"Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its
joy." - Leo Buscaglia
******
JohnG
2005-10-15 21:06:02 UTC
By start screen, do you mean the today screen? If so, copy over the
image you want using ActiveSync, use File Explorer, press and hold on
the file, select "Set as Today Wallpaper".
Dr Ken Brown-Gratchev
2005-10-15 23:55:31 UTC
Hi John,
Yes, I do mean the Today screen. The image part is the only
part that I can easily do. What I do want on this screen is Missed
Calls (don't want / use emailing or instant messaging from my device),
the Calendar list of upcoming appointments for the current date (this is
there, now), an icon for Speed Dialing access, an icon for quickly
invoking Speakerphone use, an icon for quickly invoking Call Waiting, an
icon for quickly invoking Conference Calling, and I would like to do
without the Date display here and have it (along with the existing-now
current Time display) up above the Today screen. Hope this is clear.
Thanks!

Dr. Ken Brown-Gratchev
Brown-Gratchev & Associates Counseling
Website: http://home.comcast.net/~solutioncounselor/
Phones: Voice 503-866-0758 / Fax 503-246-9316
**
DONATIONS to the KEN BROWN-GRATCHEV LIVER TRANSPLANT FUND
can be made/sent to:
Clackamas Federal Credit Union
Account # 541770004-05
10400 S.E. Main St., Milwaukie, OR, 97222
"Let us savor the most fleeting delights of our most beautiful day." -
Alphonse De Lamartine
"We are not troubled by things, but by the OPINIONS which we have of
things." - Epictetus
"Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its
joy." - Leo Buscaglia
**

Posted At: Saturday, October 15, 2005 14:06
Posted To: microsoft.public.pocketpc.phone_edition
Conversation: Customizing Start Screen on Siemens SX66
Subject: Re: Customizing Start Screen on Siemens SX66

Perkins, Ralph
2005-10-19 16:50:55 UTC
Try looking at a few of these applications and see if they may help solve
some or all of your requirements:

SPB-PocketPlus
PhoneAlarm

Also, www.pdaphonehome.com has a complete forum dedicated to the use and
tweeks you can do to you device and it is device specific.

-rp-